The Advocacy Training Council has now become The Inns of Court College of Advocacy (ICCA).
The new College will provide leadership, expertise and guidance in the pursuit of excellence in advocacy and professional ethics and will build on the success of the Advocacy Training Council (ATC) which is internationally recognised for its development of education and training for the Bar and the wider profession.
The ATC (now ICCA) has played a leading role in the development of "The Advocate’s Gateway" (TAG) which provides ground breaking guidance on the treatment of vulnerable witnesses in court.
The ambition is to create a global centre of excellence in the study and practice of advocacy. It will provide a new and unique service for the domestic and global profession, providing online education and training resources from early study to established specialist practice.
The profession will regard ICCA as the resource of choice for education and training materials of the highest quality. The materials will be delivered online and through the Inns and Circuits.
ICCA’s Board of Governors
The work of the College will be directed and overseen by an appointed Board of Governors:
Derek Wood CBE QC - Chair
- Andrew Hochhauser QC - Vice Chair for SBAs
- William Waldron QC - Vice Chair for Circuits
- Alistair MacDonald QC - Vice Chair for Circuits
- The Honourable Mrs Justice Andrews DBE - Judicial Governor
- Dr. Catherine MacKenzie – Academic Governor
- Stephen Murch – Lincoln’s Inn Governor
- Sam Stein QC – Inner Temple Governor
- Paul Stanley QC – Middle Temple Governor
- Shaun Smith QC –Gray’s Inn Governor
In addition, the College is in the process of recruiting a Non-Lawyer Governor
The following links provide information on the four standing committees: