The International Committee brings together senior advocacy trainers from the Inns and Circuits, together with the President of the International Advocacy Training Council (IATC), to consider how best to respond to requests for advocacy training overseas. International training takes a 'seed corn' approach, helping overseas jurisdictions develop their own advocacy teacher training programmes.
Its role includes: prioritising requests; co-ordinating responses and drawing together appropriate teams of trainers; identifying and creating training materials; and seeking additional sources of funding.
Recent overseas training visits have included courses delivered in; Dubai, Ireland, Malaysia, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Vienna and Zimbabwe.
- Chairman: Desmond Browne QC (Gray's Inn)
- Vice-Chair: Stephen Murch (Lincoln's Inn)
- Edwin Glasgow CBE QC, President of the IATC (Gray's Inn)
- Faye Appleton (Lincoln's Inn)
- Peter Carter QC (Gray's Inn)
- Quinn Clarke (Gray's Inn)
- Sarah Clarke (Inner Temple)
- Dame Linda Penelope Dobbs, DBE (Judiciary)
- Stephanie Farrimond (Middle Temple)
- Fiona Fulton (Inner Temple)
- Alex Glassbrook (Middle Temple)
- Martin Griffiths QC (Inner Temple)
- Chris Monckton (Lincoln's Inn)
- David Nicholls (Lincoln's Inn)
- Christa Richmond (Middle Temple)
- Kirsty Sutherland (YBC)
- Anesta Weekes QC (Gray's Inn)
- Christian Wisskirchen (Bar Council)
For further information contact the International Committee Secretary:
020 7822 0766