As the national training programme takes its first steps in delivering training to over 14,000 delegates, the Advocacy and the Vulnerable project team would like to thank:
Special thanks go to:
- HHJ Sally Cahill QC for leading the training, and
- HHJ Patricia Lynch QC for her ongoing assistance in the production of the exercise.
- All members of the Advocacy & the Vulnerable Working Group led by HHJ Peter Rook QC, supported by Angela Rafferty QC and Gillian Jones. The programme would not have come to being without the efforts and experience of the working group members.
- All speakers and participants on videos and podcasts, which are an integral part of the training materials.
We are grateful to Eleanor Laws QC, author of the Legal Research Paper, who has given her kind permission for it to be used as part of these training materials. We are grateful to Patrick Duffy for updating it. This paper should not be copied, reproduced, modified or distributed beyond the scope of this course or used as the basis for any other training events or seminars.
We are also very grateful to the charities listed below for lending their time and expertise on different subject areas:
- National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (NSPCC)
- Victim Support
- Prison Reform Trust
- College of Policing
- Just for Kids Law
Finally, we would also like to thank all Senior Trainers who have given up their time to lead the training, as well as the Lead Facilitators and Facilitators who are now leading the national roll out.